Best Investment Alternatives in India: 2019

0
1316

#2. National Pension System (NPS)

NPS
Source-Nicereply

NPS plan is compact over jobs and places. The combined advantage is the returns from equity and debt expenses.

All your benefactions up to Rs. 1.5 Lac to Tier I capital is released under division 80C. Additionally, you can demand an added up to Rs. 50,000 of tax advantages.

So hereabouts you can save Rs. 2 Lacs of tax.

What All We Prefer

  • Approx revenue per year = 8% to 10%
  • Years took to multiply the investment = 7.2 to 9 years

Concerns

  • Before 60 years of age, you can’t withdraw.
  • Consequently, you can withdraw just 60% which is tax-free also the remaining 40% of the total is held to obtain a monthly pension.

#3. Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS)

Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS)
Source-Tommorow Makers

You get a longer return of 15% to 18% while investing in ELSS as contrasted to other investment alternatives.

Investment in ELSS funds have a minor lock-in duration of 3 years and any making over Rs. 1 Lac is chargeable.

What All We Prefer

  • Approx profit per year = 15% to 18%
  • Years took to multiply the investment = 4 to 4.8 years

Concerns

• Managed as LTCG and profits over Rs. 1 Lakh is charged at 10%.

#4. Tax Savings Fixed Deposit

Tax Saving
Source-The Economic Times

If you need to have a safe investment alternative without spending in assets then pick tax-saving fixed deposit of any bank or post office.

The discount rates vary among different banks and are in the scope of 6% to 8.5%.

What All We Prefer

  • Approx return per year = 7.6%
  • Years took to multiply the investment = 9.47 years

Concerns

· Interest received is taxable.

· Lock-in duration of 5 years.

Also Read: Tax Saving Investments with Tax-Exempt Returns: 6 Way Dual Profit
Also Read: Penalties for false ITR claim, Income Tax Returns

#5. Unit Linked Insurance Plans (ULIPs)

ULIPS
Source-Business Today

Investments in ULIPs gives you cash making opportunity accompanying with life cover. Premium paid is suitable for a deduction under section 80C. Also, the returns on maturity are excluded under section 10(10D).

The returns differ depending on the sequence of equity, debt or hybrid funds.

What All We Prefer

  • Returns are tax released
  • Returns could be high if the market functions properly

Concerns

  • Lots of fees and costs (2% to 4%) like reward allocation charge, mortality charges, fund supervision charges policy handling costs.
  • A high percentage of administration charges (1.35% per annum).

Read Carefully: Why We Don’t Advise “Insurance Policy” as an Investment Choice.

Please remark that investment and insurance are separate assets with separate purposes.

Investments are focused on making returns and therefore provide a higher risk. Whereas insurance is for the security of life and assets in event of damage and mortality.

Hence, both should be analyzed individually and not to be linked.

Best Investment Strategy with Large Returns